70-year-old woman gives birth to first child


An Indian woman, aged 70, has given birth to a boy after two years of IVF treatment.
Daljinder Kaur and her 79-year-old husband have been married 46 years and according to a report from AFP, the new mother says she had almost lost hope of ever having a child.
"God heard our prayers. My life feels complete now. I am looking after the baby all by myself, I feel so full of energy. My husband is also very caring and helps me as much as he can," Kaur told AFP from the northern city of Amritsar, India.
The baby was conceived using the couple's own egg and sperm and was now "healthy and hearty" after weighing just two kilogrammes (4.4 pounds) at birth on April 19, said a statement from the National Fertility and Test Tube Centre, located in the northern state of Haryana.
"I first tried to avoid the case because she looked very frail. Then we made her undergo all the tests and once all the results were okay we went ahead," the doctor told AFP.
In response to concerns about them being around to raise the child, the father told AFP that he has faith that God will  Indian woman, 70, gives birth to first baby

No comments